- 15 Oct: Thrilled to get the news that two of my papers got Best Paper Honorable Mention awards at CSCW 2021! Check out these papers on my Research page.
- 6 Oct: Presented a talk on “Analyzing the Effectiveness of Content Moderation Interventions” in the New Faculty Colloquium at Rutgers SCI.
- 5 Oct: Our paper “Quarantined! Examining the Effects of a Community-Wide Moderation Intervention on Reddit” got accepted at TOCHI.
- 1 Sept: Joined Rutgers SCI as an Assistant Professor. Looking forward to mentoring students and developing new collaborations!
- 11 June: Served as a panelist for the Special Session—Online communities: Engineering Self-Governing Online Commons at IASC 2021 Knowledge Commons Virtual Conference.
- 19 May: Gave a talk on “Designing Transparent & Effective Content Moderation” at the UW DUB seminar.
- 25 Mar: Our paper “Does Platform Migration Compromise Content Moderation? Evidence from r/The_Donald and r/Incels” got accepted at CSCW.
- 25 Jan: Served as a panelist for the virtual event “The Great Deplatforming: Implications of Big Tech Censorship” organised by University of Chicago.
- 15 Jan: Newsweek covered my research on Twitter deplatforming.
- 1 Sept: Thrilled to share that I am joining Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering at the University of Washington as a Postdoctoral Scholar, where I will be working with Prof. Amy Zhang.
- 17 Jul: I am joining the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University as an affiliate for the 2020 - 2021 academic year.
- 17 Feb: Facebook awarded me and my collaborators a research grant ($99,708) for the project “Evaluating the effectiveness of deplatforming as a moderation strategy.”
- 13 Jan: I received a fellowship at the UC Berkeley Center for Technology, Society & Policy for the project “A Restorative Justice Approach to Online Moderation.”
- 3 Oct: I won a Best Paper Award AND an Honorable Mention Award at CSCW! Excited to present these papers (and a TOCHI paper on Reddit Automod) at CSCW in Austin next month.
- 30 Sept: School of Interactive Computing wrote an article about my recent research. Check it out here.
- 25 Aug: My research on fairness and transparency in content moderation on Reddit got covered by New Scientist.
- 15 Aug: I am co-leading a workshop titled “Volunteer Work: Mapping the Future of Moderation Research” at CSCW. Join us to set an agenda for future research in this space!
- 30 July: 3 papers accepted to CSCW. Check out these papers on the Research page.